Thursday 30 March 2017

Our wonderful holiday

It’s been a while since I put the last post on this blog!  I have many excuses, but most of them are not worth talking about, so I’ll just talk about something worthwhile instead.

While I’ve been away from this blog, something unexpected in my life happened. Do you want to know what happened?? Well, I went to America!

I know it’s not a big deal for some people, but for someone like me, who thought America was the "worst place in this world", it was unbelievable! Oh wait.. I don’t want to offend anyone so let me say this first, I actually loved it!

So I will share our wonderful memories here today.

In January, everyone from Paul’s family started to talk about his brother Mathew’s wedding in San Francisco. I thought we wouldn’t be able to make it with our little boy and low budget, so I didn’t really join this conversation, but encouraged Paul to go there by himself. If you know these brothers, you know how much it means to Paul to go to Mathew’s wedding and also for Mathew to have Paul at his wedding. They are not just brothers or best friends, they just say they are twins, separated by 4 years!
But Paul couldn’t make a decision. He said he didn’t want to leave his family – what a lovely husband!  I really wanted him to go there, so tried to review our budget and plans for the next couple of years and said to him “Well, let’s go to San Francisco all together! “  He was soooo happy.

Once we decided to go, I thought we’d better make the most of it. So I did a lot of research..on Pinterest!  What caught my eye were lot of lovely photos of pastries.




Mr Holmes Bakehouse was a small shop but photogenic and their breads were really yummy!










From my favourite blog “Cakies”, I found out about a farmer’s market at the Ferry Building. We went there on the wedding day and got some flowers for the bride.










I knew that one of the shops on my bakery list- “Craftsman and Wolves”, had a stall at the Ferry Building too, so we didn’t miss a chance to try their pastries. We loved their simple croissant.


 







As a Melbournian, you can’t really miss a nice coffee. We tried “Sightglass” and “Blue Bottle”. Sightglass was a really photogenic place and their coffee was really good.

 













If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you probably already know how much I love trams. San Francisco is a great place for tram nerds.










Not only their famous cable cars, but other cute trams run around San Francisco city. We also went to the Cable Car Museum.



 


We enjoyed their massive Chinatown, but we also enjoyed their Japantown. I’ve never visited Japan Town in another country, so it was really interesting experience. I saw some TENUGUI and TABI socks which we sell at nuno and stitch there too!



 




San Francisco is a great place for little kids! Nico enjoyed the merry go round at Pier 39.



 





This is a concrete slide at Seward St, Eureka Valley.

 








The playground in Misson Dlores Park was really good too.













The 14 hour flight with a toddler wasn’t easy, but we really enjoyed this trip and loved San Francisco very much.





With love,

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment